- This service-projects has passed.
November 2 – Annual Service Project at Cuyahoga Community College
November 2 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join Caring Cubs for our annual service project at Cuyahoga Community College on Saturday, November 2 from 2 – 3:30 pm! This is one of our largest projects each year and we hope to continue that tradition!
We are fortunate to be hosted by the Tri-C Early Childhood Education Program for the 6th consecutive year! We will volunteer together in the Main Galleria of the Western Campus of Cuyahoga Community College (11000 Pleasant Valley Road, Parma, Ohio, 44130). The education majors volunteer at this Caring Cubs project and are great ambassadors for the college.
This service project has several components and opportunities for Caring Cubs to help others in our community. Families may contribute to all areas of this service project or select the projects most meaningful to them.
Collect at Home:
- NEW GLOVE AND HAT DRIVE: Caring Cubs will also be collecting NEW winter hats and gloves to donate to the Cuyahoga County Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Hats and gloves for babies through teenagers are needed. We all understand what an important need this is during a Cleveland winter!
- NEW or GENTLY USED CHILDRENS BOOKS: The books are also for children at DCFS and are distributed to every child that needs their services. The hope is that the books will brighten what may be a very tough day!
- PAPER TOWEL ROLLS: Education majors at Cuyahoga Community College volunteer at this project each year and also help at the child care center on campus. Please collect paper towel rolls so that our cubs can make guiros. A guiro is a musical instrument with craft sticks glued to a roll and is played using another craft stick.
Hands-on Projects at the Service Project:
- Holidays for Heroes: To honor our veterans and military families, Caring Cubs will again support the American Red Cross of Greater Cleveland and their Holidays for Heroes program. Caring Cubs (both children and adults are welcome to participate) will make and decorate holiday cards to be delivered to veterans and military families in our community.
- Thinking of You cards: We will be decorating and writing think of you notes for children needing the services of DCFS. The cards will be distributed with the hats, gloves, and books we are collecting (see above).
- Guiros: This is a fun craft project made out of paper towel rolls (see above collection) and will be lead by the education majors at Cuyahoga Community College.