- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Friendship Messages for Isolated Elders & Their Caregivers
March 29 - April 17
While many of us miss time with friends and find ways to meet-up in the great outdoors, we also are mindful that our community includes many who are even more lonely (and bored!) than we are. This project can be a healthy way to look at our own situations from a different perspective.
- Think about how grateful we are for the things we still get to do.
- Imagine together how hard it would be to be even more isolated.
- Think about what it means to be a caregiver to someone who needs a lot of help and support.
- Dedicate some of your holiday or spring break to cheering those who are not able to celebrate or relax the way they wish they could.
Receiving messages of friendship & reassurance can make a big difference – creating connection, spreading cheer, and building hope.
These springtime friendship messages will be distributed by Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland (JFSA). JFSA helps individuals and families with solutions to face life’s challenges with confidence. JFSA is making a special effort to brighten the day of Holocaust Survivors and other older adults who are isolated in their homes due to COVID-19. Many are without family, so community support in the form of greeting cards is one way to cheer their spirits.
Join us in spreading cheer to isolated elders and their caregivers.