- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Appreciating Frontline Medical Providers
April 23 - April 30
THE CARING MAIL PROJECT
A home-based service project series for families
Appreciating Frontline Medical Providers
During this stay-at-home time, cubs and their families will send messages of appreciation & encouragement to frontline nurses & doctors at Summa Health’s hospital campuses.
Summa Health is a patient-centered health management organization that provides integrated and coordinated care for the people of Northeast Ohio. Summa Health has over 5,000 hospital staff focusing on wellness and personalized care.
Our team’s mail will be distributed with other treats to medical staff at Akron City Hospital, Barberton Hospital, the Emergency Department at Wadsworth-Rittman Medical Center, and a team at St. Thomas Hospital.
We have been so inspired by our inaugural Caring Mail teams!
We are excited to spread more kindness, together.
How It Works
- Registered families will receive instructions, sample messages, and a mailing address.
- We ask that you mail your family’s cards/drawings/messages by Friday, April 30th.
- Please plan for each registrant (all ages are welcome!) to make at least 5 messages. Feel free to make extra!
Supplies You Will Need
- Paper, cards, or postcards
- Something to draw/write with
- Optional: stickers or collage materials
- One mailing envelope that will fit your family’s collected creations
- Postage stamps
** If this timeframe does not work for you, no worries. There will be a Caring Mail project each week this month.
We hope you are as excited as we are to volunteer for this project!
Because we want to ensure that we make a hearty impact, we ask that families only register for home-based projects when they can commit to the dates & deliverables.