- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Appreciating Hospice Staff
April 29 - May 8
During this stay-at-home time, cubs and their families will send messages of appreciation & encouragement to the dedicated staff at Hospice of the Western Reserve.
Hospice of the Western Reserve provides palliative and end-of-life care, caregiver support, and bereavement services throughout Northern Ohio. In celebration of the individual worth of each life, HWR strives to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care, and support effective grieving.
Our team will generate messages of appreciation & encouragement for paid staff who continue their dedicated work among the intensities of the COVID pandemic.
Hospice staff are both clinical (i.e. nurses, nursing assistants, social workers, physicians) and non-clinical or support (i.e. Finance, Development, Volunteer, Management, Marketing). Over 900 staff work among the three in-patient units in Cleveland, Westlake, and Medina, along with seven office sites.
We have been so inspired by our inaugural Caring Mail teams!
We are excited to spread more kindness, together.
How It Works
- Registered families will receive instructions, sample messages, and a mailing address.
- We ask that you mail your family’s cards/drawings/messages by Friday, May 8th.
- Please plan for each registrant (all ages are welcome!) to make at least 5 messages. Make extra if you can!
Supplies You Will Need
- Paper, cards, or postcards
- Something to draw/write with
- Optional: stickers or collage materials
- One mailing envelope that will fit your family’s collected creations
- Postage stamps
** If this timeframe does not work for you, no worries. There will be a Caring Mail project each week this month.
We hope you are as excited as we are to volunteer for this project!
Because we want to ensure that we make a hearty impact, we ask that families only register for home-based projects when they can commit to the dates & deliverables.