- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Expressing Appreciation to Frontline Workers
July 18 - July 31
Throughout the pandemic, we have become increasingly aware of the non-medical essential workers upon which our community relies. Shelter staff. Youth service workers. Early childhood workers. Social justice activists.
Established in 1868, YWCA Greater Cleveland is a unique and vital community resource in Northeast Ohio committed to eliminating racism and empowering women. YWCA Greater Cleveland is widely recognized as a thought leader on the issues of racial equity and the advancement of women.
Many YWCA employees are considered essential and have been working straight through the pandemic and the city-wide curfews that followed protests downtown. Those working from home are connecting with young people, making food deliveries, providing case management over the phone, and continuing to support the great work of all the YWCA’s programs.
How It Works
- Registered families will receive instructions, sample messages, and a mailing address.
- We ask that you mail your family’s cards/drawings/messages by Friday, July 31st.
- Please plan for each registrant (all ages are welcome!) to make at least 5 messages. Feel free to make extra!
Supplies You Will Need
- Paper, cards, or postcards
- Something to draw/write with
- Optional: stickers or collage materials (patriotic themes are welcome!)
- One mailing envelope that will fit your family’s collected creations
Click here to register.