- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Expressing Gratitude to Veterans
June 30 - July 10
Expressing Gratitude to Veterans
Many veterans — of all military branches — face challenges after their years of service. For some, it is memories that linger. For many, it is persistent health issues.
The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System serves those who have served, providing and coordinating primary, acute, and specialty care for veterans. Focused on treating the whole veteran through health promotion and disease prevention, the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System delivers comprehensive, seamless health care and social services.
Cleveland’s VA Hospital will disperse our Caring Mail to all medical units for veterans receiving in-person services this summer. On any given day, the VA Hospital sees over 200 veterans for a wide range of services.
Join us as we thank veterans for their service.
How It Works
- Registered families will receive instructions, sample messages, and a mailing address.
- We ask that you mail your family’s cards/drawings/messages by Friday, July 10th
- Please plan for each registrant (all ages are welcome!) to make at least 5 messages. Feel free to make extra!
Supplies You Will Need
- Paper, cards, or postcards
- Something to draw/write with
- Optional: stickers or collage materials (patriotic themes are welcome!)
- One mailing envelope that will fit your family’s collected creations
Click here to register for this project.