- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Reaching Out to Isolated Elders
June 16 - June 26
Reaching Out to Isolated Elders
While many of us are able to begin some outings and time with friends if we follow COVID-19 precautions (masks + distance), our community’s elders remain isolated and dependent on service providers. We are honored to send caring & cheerful messages to isolated elders who receive services through Jewish Family Services Association of Cleveland (JFSA).
JFSA helps individuals and families with solutions to face life’s challenges with confidence. JFSA is making a special effort to brighten the day of Holocaust Survivors and other older adults who are isolated in their homes due to COVID-19. Many are without family, so community support in the form of Caring Mailis one way to cheer their spirits.
How It Works
- Registered families will receive instructions, sample messages, and a mailing address.
- We ask that you mail your family’s cards/drawings/messages by Friday, June 26th.
- Please plan for each registrant (all ages are welcome!) to make at least 5 messages. Feel free to make extra
Supplies You Will Need
- Paper, cards, or postcards
- Something to draw/write with
- Optional: stickers or collage materials
- One mailing envelope that will fit your family’s collected creations
Click here to register for this project.