- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Friendship Messages for Isolated Students
August 1 - August 15
Cubs & their families will make Friendship Messages for students who live in Cleveland area low-income housing. 77% of these children live in extreme poverty. Mobilize the Vote is doing a supply giveaway to help kids get off to a good start after the last 18 months of COVID schooling.
Join us in spreading cheer to isolated students as they ready for school to begin.
Our messages of encouragement will accompany supply-filled backpacks prepared by volunteers at Mobilize the Vote NEO, a voter engagement organization focused on engaging potential voters in the lowest voter turnout and most disenfranchised communities in Ohio.
Detailed instructions will arrive via email once you register.
• Remember how strange and ever-changing school has felt during the pandemic. What has helped ease the weirdness?
• How does it feel to get ready for the transition to school? What are some of your favorite traditions?
• How would these traditions be different if money was tight?
• Talk about the generosity of the Mobilize the Vote volunteers who are providing school supplies & backpacks for 100 students who live in Cleveland area low-income housing.
• Thinking about our project partner, talk about encouraging EVERYONE to vote so all voices are heard.
Receiving messages of friendship & reassurance can make a big difference – creating connection, spreading cheer, and building hope.
Caring Cubs is pleased to continue our Caring Mail projects, which allow families to volunteer together from the comfort of home. If you are aware of community members or organizations who would benefit from Caring Mail, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We hope you are as excited as we are to volunteer for this project!
Because we want to ensure that we make a hearty impact, we ask that families only register for home-based projects when they can commit to the dates & deliverables.