- This service-projects has passed.
The Caring Mail Project: Reaching Out to Isolated Elders
August 10 - August 21
While many of us miss time with friends, it is important to keep in mind that there are community members who are even more lonely (and bored!) than we are. This project can be a healthy way to look at our own situations from a different perspective.
- Think about how grateful we are for the things we still get to do.
- Imagine together how hard it would be to be even more isolated.
- To not have favorite foods?
- To not see family or friends?
It’s hard. Receiving messages of friendship can make a big difference — creating connection, spreading cheer, and building hope for isolated elders.
Our messages will be distributed by The Emergency Assistance Center (TEAC), a food pantry that provides community members with a monthly 7-day supply of food. TEAC provides food, clothing, and personal hygiene items, as well as seasonal support, to Northern Summit County neighbors in need.
Click here to register for this event.