The Caring Mail Project: Spreading Cheer to Isolated Community Members
October 6 - October 24
Spreading Cheer to Isolated Community Members
We have all adapted over the past several months to the new ways of keeping safe — masks, hand-washing, sanitizing hands and surfaces, making sure there is space between us and others. Now you and your Cubs can reach-out to community members who are receiving the supplies they need to keep safe.
Cleveland Pandemic Response (CPR) is a volunteer-run mutual aid organization mobilizing pandemic-related donations and resources focused on food, masks, hygiene items and cleaning supplies to families and individuals in the greater Cleveland area. CPR has provided resources or tangible supplies to over 550 individuals and families since we came together in March. We aim to assist 150 individuals and families with the kits we are creating that contain hygiene products, cleaning supplies, and pandemic-related supplies.
The CPR Community Hub, where folks may post if they need something, have an item to share or want to volunteer, may be reached at cleveland.recovers.org.
Register for the project
How It Works
- Registered families will receive instructions, sample messages, and a mailing address.
- We ask that you mail your family’s cards/drawings/messages by Saturday, October 24th
- Please plan for each registrant (all ages are welcome!) to make at least 5 messages. Feel free to make extra so we can reach our goal of 150 cards!
Supplies You Will Need
- Paper, cards, or postcards
- Something to draw/write with
- Optional: stickers or collage materials (patriotic themes are welcome!)
- One mailing envelope that will fit your family’s collected creations